LEARNING OBJECTIVES :
MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE - Students should be able to describe the:
- Potential anatomic sources of joint pain.
- Relationship between patterns of joint involvement and differential diagnosis.
- Diagnostic utility of synovial fluid.
- Differential diagnosis and initial management of acute monoarthritis.
- Differential diagnosis of acute polyarthritis.
- Differential diagnosis of chronic polyarthritis.
RECOMMENDED READINGS :
- Arthritis, Harrison's On-Line http://harrisons.accessmedicine.com/server-java/Arknoid/amed/harrisons/co_chapters/ch320/ch320_p01.html.
- Algorithms for the Diagnosis and Management of Musculoskeletal Complaints. The American Journal of Medicine 1997. 103 (6A):Supplement pp 51S-85S.