Lesson currently contains cases and references only.
Case 1: Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
- Ductal Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast. Melvin J. Silverstein. Second Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkin, 2002.
- Bassett L. Mammographic Analysis of Calcifications. Radiologic Cli North America 1991:30, 93-105.
- Rebner M. Non-invasive Breast Cancer. Radiology 1994; 190:623-621.
- Silverstein MJ. Prognostic Clarification of the Breast Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ. Lancet 1995; 345:1154-1157.
- Silverstein MJ, Lagios. The Van Nuys Prognostic Index for Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ. Breast J. 1996; 2:38-40.
- Fisher B. Lumpectomy Compared with Lumpectomy and Radiation Therapy for Treatment of Intraductal Breast Cancer. N. Engl J. Med. 1993; 328:1581-1586.
- Silverstein, MJ. Axillary lymph node dissection for intraductal breast carcinoma: is it indicated. Cancer 1987; 59:1819-1824.
- Fisher, B. Tamoxifen in treatment of intraductal breast cancer. National Adjuvant, Breast and Bowel Project B-24 randomized control trial. Lancet 1999; 353:1993-2000.
- Fisher B. Tamoxifen for Prevention of Breast Cancer. J. Natl Cancer Inst 1998; 90:1371-1388.
Case 2: Invasive Breast Cancer
- Harrison, Principles of Internal Medicine. 15 th Edition. Breast Cancer 571-578.
- Harris, J.R., et. al. Breast Cancer N Engl J Med 327:319,390,473, 1992.
- Early Breast Cancer Trialist Collaborative Group: Systemic treatment of early breast cancer by hormonal, cytotoxic or immunotherapy. Lancet 1:1,71,92.
- Langston, A.A. BRCA1 Mutations in Jewish and Non-Jewish Women with Early Onset of Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med 334:153, 186, 1996.
- Schrag, D. et. al. Decision Analysis – Effects of prophylactic mastectomy and oophorectomy on life expectancy among women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations. N Engl J Med 336:1465-71, 1997.
- Principles and Practice of Oncology. Ed by Devita, Hellman and Rosenberg, Vol II, Chapter 37, 6 th Edition.
- NIH Consensus Development Panel. Consensus Statement: Treatment of Early Stage Breast Cancer: J. Natl. Cancer Inst Monograph 1992; 11:1.
- Beatson, G.T. On the treatment of inoperable cases of carcinoma of mamma: Suggestions for a new method of treatment with illustrative cases. Lancet 1826; 2:104.
- Tamoxifen for the Treatment and Prevention of Breast Cancer. V Craig Jordan, PRR, Melville, New York.
- NIH Consensus statement: Adjuvant therapy of Breast Cancer, Volume 17, Number 4, November 1-3, 2000.