Questions for Discussion:
- What are the likely pathophysiologic mechanisms at work in this patient's heart failure?
- What ACC/AHA stage heart failure does this patient represent? What NHYA class?
- What is the significance of the patient's blood pressure and how will it affect your management?
- What tests, if any, are indicated? Answer
- What changes, if any, would you make in the patient's diabetic drug therapy?
- How do you treat her? Answer
- Discuss the use of ACE Inhibitors in this patient particularly with a focus on dosage.
- Discuss the use of beta blockers in this diabetic patient with fluid overload.