Case #1 Discussion Questions:
- What are the risk factors in this case? (see list entitled Discharge High Risk Indicator.)
- What known resources are available to the patient? (as you interpret the above information.)
- What additional information would you need to have about this patient in order to assess his discharge needs?
- What information do you, as the physician, need to provide in order to plan for the patient's discharge?
- What resources might the patient need upon discharge? (Consider the best case scenario as well as the worst case scenario.)
- Who are the other professionals who would need to be involved in discharge planning and what part would they play in the discharge plan?
You may find it helpful to use the attached worksheet to make note of your answers to the above questions in preparation for the discussion of this case.